Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Barthes Roland Empire of signo

The auther Barthes Roland talk about what he thinks wired about Japan.
It was interesting because he was writing about food, pachinko, and house.
He explains why he thinks its strange for him. I could agree strongly on a short story No address. I experience similar thing. As the author talks, Japanese don't tell adress when you want to go somewhere by asking to other people. Or when you explain where the book store is located, you don't say the address of the book store, but a building or shop which located close the the book store. For example, "the book store is located by softbank." However, different culuture is different. When I went to NY, people use address to use a taxi, or on subway. and every name of each subway station is name of the street. I got confused in NY, because I never use an address of the building or town before. Now I got that differenct culture have a different event.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.